- This article is about the NES version of Altered Beast. For other versions, see Altered Beast.
Altered Beast came out on the NES (Famicom) in 1990 only in Japan. It was developed by Interlink and Published by Asmik Corporation.
This version of Altered Beast has added three levels with new beast forms and bosses.
Lion: It's the second transformation in the game.
- Punch: U Turn Ball
- Kick: Spin Bomber
Shark: It's the fifth transformation and the only one that's not an anthropomorphic animal, instead it's a normal shark.
- Punch: Bubble Bomber
- Kick: Fin Slash
Attacks: It's the seventh transformation. It controls almost the same way as the dragon.
- Punch: Fireball
- Kick: Flash Attack
- Since the NES controller only has two buttons you have to press up on the Dpad in order to jump.
- You can play once if you hacked the Famicom Classic Edition.
- This is the first appearence of the shark transformation on the Altered Beast saga being the Charodon the second one in Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realms
- Neff in it's Van Vader form is mage giant and just shoots a lighnting-like wave from it's fists in two directions.